A young father was electrocuted in a bizarre work accident and died just months before marrying the love of his life.
David Outhwaite was described to 9News as “sunshine in human form” by his fiancée, Jodi Dunlop, who was devastated as she overcame the tragedy.
Dunlop said he was “broken” by his wife, adding that he “makes the world and everyone around him better”, especially for his 16-month-old daughter.
Fellow electrician and football coach Owen McLarty said he heard someone had died and began searching the area for sparks.
“Dave was an unresponsive person,” McLarty said.
“I had a terrible feeling that it might be Dave.
“Just feel sad… you have a bit of an empty, sickly feeling in your gut I guess.
“He was very vocal at the football club and captained several games a season, from that perspective he’s a respected leader – and just a real person.”
WA’s energy safety watchdog said the plumbing was still energized by live electricity when the electrician started working on it, and that usually shouldn’t be the case.
His investigation now aims to prevent a similar tragedy in the future.