A Halong Bay Cruise is a must do on any visit to Vietnam. There are also many other activities to enjoy in this stunningly beautiful area. Some options include:
A Halong Bay Cruise is a must do on any visit to Vietnam. Located on the Gulf of Tonkin in northeast Vietnam, this UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site is a spectacular collection of limestone islets in a beautiful bay.
There are many activities to enjoy in this magnificently beautiful region. Some options include:
- Kayak – it’s considered one of the best places in the world to kayak. Calm and peaceful waters, pristine lagoons and untouched islands are waiting to be discovered on a guided tour.
- Escalation – Halong Bay is one of the most iconic places in the world for coastal climbing. Thousands of limestone cliffs are a paradise for climbers and are considered a mecca for rock climbers. Climbing is often associated with kayaking to fully explore the natural environment.
- Bike – on land, biking and trekking are popular activities in Halong Bay. The beautiful beaches and the flora and fauna of the region will seduce you.
- Discovery of the cave – Halong Bay is home to a unique and extensive cave system; a dazzling world of stalactites and stalagmites awaits you at Sung Sot Cave (surprise), Dau Go Cave (wooden stakes), Thien Cung Cave and many more.
- scuba diving – Scuba diving is one of the most popular activities in Halong Bay. There is an amazing underwater world of coral reefs and beautiful fish and other aquatic life to see. All reputable operators verify and maintain high security standards.
- Parasailing – adventurous tourists will love parasailing, offered on Tuan Chau Island. Fly through the air and experience not only the thrill of flight, but also the spectacular seascape from above.
- squid fishing – something a little different, squid fishing takes place at night, under cover of darkness, and offers yet another glimpse of the beautiful region. Twinkling lights from cruisers anchored across the bay punctuate the peaceful atmosphere. The caught squid is used to prepare gastronomic delicacies for tourists.
- Floating villages – see the unique way of life of the locals with a visit to a floating village. Fishermen and pearl farmers, the inhabitants are descended from the first inhabitants of the bay and have lived off the sea for several generations. Their houses literally float on the water in a peaceful village environment.
- hospital cave – this historic cave was a secret and bombproof hospital during the American War (known in the west as the Vietnam War) and also a safe house for Viet Cong leaders.
- A cruise in Halong Bay is a wonderful and relaxing experience. This marvel of three-storey construction must be seen by anyone who loves history.Combine it with any other activity you like to make the most of your visit to this beautiful region.